Many MyMaths users have been enjoying our ‘beat the clock’ activity on rounding whole numbers to the nearest ten, hundred or thousand.
Have you noticed that over the last few months we have added more activities on rounding whole numbers and decimals, as well as many other topics?
These granular activities can be used front of class or can be completed individually by students for additional practice.
Find them in the Activities section, which you can access from the left-hand menu before you log into the Teacher Dashboard.
Topics of 77 new activities added to Primary MyMaths include:
- Counting to 10 and 100 and in steps
- Using place value in whole numbers
- Rounding whole numbers and decimals
- Odd, even and prime numbers
- Addition facts
- Multiplying and dividing by 10, 100 and 1000
- Nets of a cube
- Translating and reflecting shapes
- Mean, median, mode and range
Topics of 68 new activities added to Secondary MyMaths include:
- Congruent triangles
- Arcs and sectors
- Volume and surface area of a sphere
- Mean, median, mode, range, quartiles and interquartile range
- Box plots
- Calculating probabilities
- Multiplication and division facts
- Prime numbers and multiples
- Rounding integers and decimals
Angle game returns to MyMaths
In response to teacher feedback, we have released a Flash-free version of our angle game. Find it in the Games area on Primary and Secondary MyMaths.
Our updates are informed by feedback from our users – if you have any feedback for us, please let us know at (firstname.lastname@example.org)