We just released 10 new lessons and matching homework activities for Primary MyMaths users, which focus on using the bar model to solve word problems. This builds on our existing bar model content to give you a wider range of resources to support your teaching.
Each homework gives you the option to assess your children’s understanding of these aspects of the National Curriculum, whilst the accompanying lessons are always available to help pupils reinforce their understanding or if they need the opportunity to build their fluency.
The new content covers the following topics:
- Bar multiplication
- Bar division
- Bar multiplication and division
- Modelling equivalent and non-equivalent fractions
- Comparing fractions 1 – bar model
- Comparing fractions 2 – bar model
- Comparing mixed and improper fractions – bar model
- Modelling fractions and percentages
- Modelling percentages
- Modelling percentage increase and decrease
You can find these in the ‘latest’ section on MyMaths. You can also find additional details about what is covered in each activity here.
Don’t forget! We’ll also be running free 30 minute MyMaths webinar session tomorrow, 16th October, where we will be focusing getting you up and running on MyMaths and showcasing some of our new Bar Modelling content. Register for free on our support site.